2018 is the Year Nelson Mandela would have turned 100 years old. Although he died in 2013, his remarkable life leaves a long lasting legacy to people all over the world – it stands as a testament to the resilience of the human spirit.
But all of us are called to be leaders, to make a difference in our families, at work, in our communities and across the globe.
Here are the Top 10 Signs that you are making a Difference:
- You keep believing – being an optimist in these uncertain times brings hope to others – be that bearer of hope.
- You have an open mind – being willing to consider someone else’s view point brings people closer together – be that champion of cooperation and understanding.
- You are true to yourself – showing up as your authentic self encourages others to do the same – be that person with the courage to follow your passion.
- You listen more than you speak – being present in mind, body and spirit is one of the greatest gifts you can give to someone – be the giver of that gift…..every day.
- You assume positive intent – believing that others are doing their best improves relationships – be that person who sees the good in others.
- You are kind to yourself – only by being compassionate toward yourself can you truly care about others – be that person who says “I love you” in the mirror and really believes it.
- You pay it forward – helping others contributes toward good health for everyone involved – be that person who does good for others.
- You keep learning – lifelong learning leads to a rich and fulfilling life – stay that teachable person until your last breath.
- You acknowledge others – being heard and seen is one of the deepest needs all human beings have – be that person who shows others that they matter.
- You are grateful – people who practice gratitude live happier lives – be that person who appreciates even the little things.
In the year of Nelson Mandela, we are all urged to take action to make our world a better place.